Board of Commissioners & Procedures to Speak at Board Meetings
The SMHA Board meets the fourth Thursday of each month at 12:00 noon at 400 Tuscarawas Street East in Canton. The following procedures have been implemented for all requests to address the Board of Commissioners during a regularly scheduled Board Meeting:
- All public requests and inquiries to speak at a Stark Metropolitan Housing Authority (SMHA) Board Meeting will be processed by the Executive Director’s Office.
- Requests to speak are to be made in writing by emailing email@example.com. For those without access to email, you may submit your request by calling, 330-454-8051, 324. All requests must be received by 4:30 p.m. on the Thursday, 1- week prior to a regularly scheduled Board Meeting.
- Upon receipt of request you will be contacted by the Executive Director’s Office to ensure that all information regarding your request has been obtained, as well as to confirm the date, time and location of the meeting to the person wishing to address the Board. This information is intended to assist in determining meeting room accommodations and to facilitate efficient handling of the Board’s agenda.
- If a request to address the Board has been received after the meeting agenda has been distributed to the Board of Commissioners, then the request will be scheduled for the next regularly scheduled.
- No speaker may address the Board more than twice in a calendar year and no speaker is entitled to speak at consecutive Board Meetings.
- Groups of individuals wishing to speak on the same topic will be asked to identify a spokesperson.
- Comments/questions regarding specific procurement acquisitions will not be addressed at SMHA Board Meetings. These may be directed, in writing, to SMHA’s Director of Procurement, 400 Tuscarawas Street E, Canton, OH 44702.
- There is a 3-minute time limit given to each speaker. Please abide by this limit. After 3-minutes, each speaker will be asked to conclude.
- Due to COVID-19 room occupancy restrictions, speakers may be asked to leave once they’ve concluded addressing the Board in order avoid exceeding the CDC’s recommended maximum occupancy guidelines.
2022 Regular Board Meeting Schedule
|January 27, 2022
||July 28, 2022
|February 17, 2022
||August 25, 2022
|March 24, 2022
||September 22, 2022
|April 28, 2022
||October 27, 2022
|May 26, 2022
||November 17, 2022
|June 23, 2022
||December 15, 2022
The current SMHA Commissioners are:
Nenya Ross, Chairperson Appointed by City of Canton Mayor
Jeffrey McDaniels, Vice Chair Appointed by City of Canton Mayor
Roger Mann Appointed by Stark County Board of Commissioners
Dan McMasters Appointed by Stark County Court of Common Pleas
Timothy Shetzer Appointed by Stark County Court of Common Pleas, Probate Division
Term Length: 5 years
Compensation: Members serve without compensation
Authorization: Ohio Revised Code Chapter 3735
Jeffrey McDaniels, Vice-Chair