|JOB DESCRIPTION:||Public Housing Data Analyst|
|DATE POSTED:||March 2, 2023|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE:||Until the Position is Filled|
|HOURS:||8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday|
|Minimum to Maximum|
|SALARY:||$50,544.00 to $78,960.96/Annually|
*Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. *
Applications will be accepted online at www.starkmha.org or by mail to the HR Coordinator, Stark Metropolitan Housing Authority, 400 Tuscarawas Street E, Canton, OH 44702-1131.
The Human Resources Department does not accept telephone inquiries regarding Job Postings. You will be notified by US Mail or Email. Please note that it may take anywhere from 1 to 30 days for Human Resources (HR) to review your job application. If HR has not contacted you within 30 days, please assume the position has been filled. Thank you.
|Included Benefits||· OPERS Pension Plan 24% towards retirement each week
· Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 13 Annual Paid Holidays
· 2 Weeks of Vacation
· Accrued Sick Time (accrual begins on your first day of employment)
STARK METROPOLITAN HOUSING AUTHORITY
Job Title: Public Housing Data Analyst
Reports to: Director of Property Management
Department: Property Management
Date: March 2, 2023
FLSA Status: Salary/Non-Bargaining
Under general supervision of the Director of Property Management conduct technical analysis of the performance of the Authority’s Public Housing. Develop, implement, manage, and support multiple databases related to the Authority’s Public Housing. Prepare and analyze financial forecasts of Public Housing financials and Capital needs. Identifies trends, and reports on findings with recommendations for action, direction, or resolution of problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed in this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in meetings with decision-makers and provide technical expertise, information, and assistance regarding the financial and capital requirements of agency real estate assets.2. Develop, support, and administer the agency’s Asset Management databases (Yardi). This includes both, the creation of new modules within existing databases and the maintenance of these existing databases. Work with other agency departments to maintain the databases in ways that support the collection, extraction, and analysis of data for use across the entire agency. Develop and maintain records and document strategies to support the integrity of data. Directly assists Public Housing with reporting to HUD, including PIC, occupancy, and other compliance reporting.
3. Audit and analyze data in the Asset Management and other agency databases to identify trends and present recommendations to inform the agency decision-making process as it relates to the financial health and capital needs of agency assets.
4. Assist Director in contact with various departments, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the City, service providers, and the general public in providing, maintaining, and updating information related to SMHA’s real property assets including funding and regulatory sources and related requirements.
5. Advise and lead the Public Housing team’s efforts in research and analysis, special projects, and reports about the financial viability of agency assets. Serve in a leadership capacity on cross-departmental teams to support Asset Management initiatives including asset-related data, acquisition, financing, and disposition of assets, and implementation of a database or software to track the capital needs and components of agency assets.
6. Develop and maintain current knowledge and understanding of agency properties including applicable federal housing programs.
7. Handle highly confidential and sensitive correspondence and financial records.
8. Participate in the development and implementation of goals, work plans, performance measures, and continuous improvement of service delivery. Assist in department initiatives, agency core strategies, and mission through a spirit of service, teamwork, and respect. Follow directions and work respectfully and courteously with other employees, residents, and the general public.
9. Attend all required training and safety meetings. Use, maintain, and replace assigned personal protective equipment. Report all injuries and illnesses to the supervisor immediately. Complete and submit incident/accident reports as required. Report hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices to the supervisor. Assists with reporting all actions and situations with Public Housing staff per SMHA policies and HUD requirements. Follow all safety and health guidelines, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Assists the Director of Property Management and Maintenance with ensuring vendor’s compliance with prevailing wage.
- Develops a core competency in Public Housing operational and financial use of Yardi software. Will ensure Public Housing’s full utilization of Yardi software. Use Yardi software to develop key data for analysis and reporting.
- Creates and maintains a fully detailed SMHA Public Housing portfolio with property profile/database on each property (AMP) and building.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Devotes appropriate attention to SMHA objectives as assigned, ensuring that such goals are met or exceeded.
Maintains a record of acceptable attendance and punctuality as outlined in the SMHA Policy Manual
Four years experience in affordable housing and asset management-related activities; or two years experience in data resource management activities. Requires strong analytical and communication skills and program/project management capabilities.
Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, business administration, or computer sciences. May substitute four additional years of relevant work experience in place of the degree requirement. LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s license and be insurable under SMHA policy.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Database-oriented applications, database modeling concepts, report writing, and query-building techniques.
2. Advanced level PC skills using Access, Word, Excel, Power BI, Tableau, and Crystal Reports
3. Strong report preparation and writing skills.
4. Excellent knowledge of data analytics.
5. Intermediate knowledge of database structure, design, and implementation.
1. Perform a variety of analytical work involved in the detail, research, and preparation of a variety of Asset Management functions and projects.
2. Understand affordable housing programs administered by SMHA.
3. Write clear and concise reports.
4. Learn complex proprietary database programs, including financial systems such as Enterprise One, property management systems such as Yardi Voyager, and mapping software such as ArcGIS.
5. Operate a computer, various software systems, and related peripheral equipment and assigned office equipment.
6. Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
7. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
8. Plan and organize work.
9. Work independently and perform difficult and complex tasks under general direction.
10. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
11. Meet schedules and timelines.
12. Keep accurate and detailed documentation.
13. Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Office environment and periodic travel to SMHA properties within the County limits.
• Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
• Lifting and carrying light materials/objects as assigned.
• ADA reasonable accommodation requests will be granted full consideration.
• Occasional contact with dissatisfied, rude, or verbally abusive individuals.