|JOB DESCRIPTION:||Planning & Prevailing Wage Coordinator|
|JOB LOCATION:||Central Office|
|DATE POSTED:||March 9, 2023|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE:||Until the Position is Filled|
|HOURS:||8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday|
|Minimum to Maximum|
|SALARY:||$42,973.63 – $66,178.94/Annually|
*Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. *
Applications will be accepted online at www.starkmha.org or by mail to the HR Coordinator, Stark Metropolitan Housing Authority, 400 Tuscarawas Street E, Canton, OH 44702-1131.
The Human Resources Department does not accept telephone inquiries regarding Job Postings. You will be notified by US Mail or Email. Please note that it may take anywhere from 1 to 30 days for Human Resources (HR) to review your job application. If HR has not contacted you within 30 days, please assume the position has been filled. Thank you.
|Included Benefits||· OPERS Pension Plan 24% towards retirement each week
· Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 13 Annual Paid Holidays
· 2 Weeks of Vacation
· Accrued Sick Time (accrual begins on your first day of employment)
STARK METROPOLITAN HOUSING AUTHORITY
Job Title: Planning and Prevailing Wage Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Procurement
Date: August 9, 2018
FLSA Status: Salary/Non-Bargaining
Administers prevailing wage conformance and reporting as necessary in compliance with Davis Bacon Prevailing Wage requirements and HUD guidelines. Performs planning administrative duties and related services. Assists division/department/staff with various departmental programs/projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with prime and subcontractors to ensure compliance with prevailing wage requirements. Keeps abreast of Federal and State laws and other relevant information including Davis-Bacon and Related Act (DBRA), Federal Rate tables, etc.
- Ensures complete understanding and full administration of fringe benefits, including life insurance, health insurance, pension, vacation, etc.
- Conducts wage rate interviews.
- Visits job sites to ensure appropriate labor and other related posted information. Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.
- Represents SMHA’s interests by attending pre-bid and/or pre-construction meetings. Gathers information pertinent to assist with related decision-making. Explains prevailing wage rate requirements and contractor’s responsibilities.
- Keeps abreast with all applicable laws, federal, State, and local. Maintains updated knowledge regarding wages and hours, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Davis-Bacon and Related Act, and other applicable Laws.
- Establishes and follows procedures to monitor compliance by contractors and subcontractors for all projects. Visits project sites to verify posting requirements and job classifications. Review certified payroll reports to ensure they are submitted in a timely fashion and all necessary information is obtained. Compares rates and fringes reported to rates in the prevailing wage schedule. Requires affidavit of compliance from each contractor and subcontractor upon project completion.
- Serves as lead on prevailing wages as issued by the Ohio Department of Commerce, Wage and Hour Bureau, etc.
- Supports specific departmental programs in the form of activities such as recordkeeping, report generation, data tracking, follow-up, logging, calculating, telephoning, mailing, and filing as assigned. Ensures that assigned work is completed accurately and on a timely basis. Responds to requests promptly and courteously.
- Represents department and Agency professionally and courteously at all times.
- Prepares and composes letters, financial applications, memorandums, and reports as required, ensuring that documents are accurate and free from grammatical errors. Take meeting minutes as required and transcribe them accurately.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes departmental mail timely and accurate. Orders and maintains office supplies. Copies collate, distributes, and mail materials as necessary. Ensures that files and filing systems are up-to-date, accurate, and neat at all times. Schedules meetings and ensures that meeting attendees are aware of the meeting, the place and time, and the subject of the meeting.
- Devotes appropriate attention to SMHA objectives as assigned, ensuring that such goals are met or exceeded and that subordinates, as appropriate, are cognizant of such goals and contribute to achieving them.
- Maintains a record of acceptable attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Behavioral Competencies: This position requires incumbents to exhibit the following behavioral skills:
Commitment: Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and works hard/smart to achieve them; strives for results and success; conveys a sense of urgency and brings issues to closure; persists despite obstacles and opposition.
Customer Service: Meets/exceeds the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; identifies, understands, monitors, and measures the needs of both internal and external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind. Recognizes work colleagues as customers.
Effective Communication: Ensures important information is passed to those who need to know; conveys necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing. Demonstrates attention to, and conveys an understanding of, the comments and questions of others; listens effectively.
Responsiveness and Accountability: Demonstrates a high level of conscientiousness; holds oneself personally responsible for one’s work; does a fair share of work.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Certifications:
Associate’s Degree and five (5) years of progressively responsible Business Administration; or two years related experience in a Housing Authority as administrative support with strong computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Experience in Yardi Database System desirable. Must be able to work beyond the normal working day.
Physical Requirements. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Physical demands may include kneeling, reaching, pushing, fingering, manipulating, talking, hearing, sitting for extended periods, crouching, standing for extended periods, stooping, walking, lifting up to 10 lbs. and repetitive motion using a keyboard, telephone, and calculator. The visual acuity requirements include viewing a computer monitor and extensive reading.
Working Conditions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job: