|JOB DESCRIPTION:||Accounts Payable Clerk|
|JOB LOCATION:||Central Office|
|DATE POSTED:||November 9, 2022|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE:||Until the Position is Filled|
|HOURS:||8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday|
|Minimum to Maximum|
|SALARY:||$14.93 – $22.16/Hourly|
*Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.*
Applications will be accepted online at www.starkmha.org or by mail to the HR Coordinator, Stark Metropolitan Housing Authority, 400 Tuscarawas Street E, Canton, OH 44702-1131.
The Human Resources Department does not accept telephone inquiries regarding Job Postings. You will be notified by US Mail or Email. Please note that it may take anywhere from 1 to 30 days for Human Resources (HR) to review your job application. If HR has not contacted you within 30 days, please assume the position has been filled. Thank you.
|Included Benefits||· OPERS Pension Plan 24% towards retirement each week
· Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 13 Annual Paid Holidays
· 2 Weeks of Vacation
· Accrued Sick Time (accrual begins on your first day of employment)
STARK METROPOLITAN HOUSING AUTHORITY
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Reports to: General Accountant II
Date: August 15, 2017
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Bargaining
Reviews and prepares incoming documents for payment. Enters data into the computer. Processes utility bills for payment and maintains records. Generates and balances reports and maintains files. Provides clerical support as necessary to divisions within the Finance Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed in this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process incoming documents for payment. Ensure documents are accurate and assign appropriate G/L account numbers and property codes. Verify and cross-check every payment to ensure accuracy. Determine appropriate distributions/allocations and pay dates, calculate discounts, and prepare vouchers. Create payment vouchers. Contact vendors and/or other departments to resolve discrepancies.
- Process credit card transactions for payment. Log on to the appropriate online banking site, review individual cardholder’s transactions, ensure documents are accurate and assign appropriate G/L account numbers, and submit for approval. Audit and verify cardholder statements and receipts. Identify discrepancies and contact the appropriate person or department to resolve discrepancies.
- Process utility invoices. Generate and balance reports. Compare the current month’s balance to the prior month’s balance and verify and resolve discrepancies. Track estimated figures and actual figures and contact the utility company to ensure the account is credited accurately. Create payment vouchers. Generate utility reports for the Finance Director as needed.
- Maintain files and record-keeping systems, including but not limited to creating new vendor files, auditing files, and creating new fiscal year files. Open and distribute mail to various departments for payment approval. Initiate stop payment process for lost checks, collect appropriate information and forward to the Accounting Manager. Void or reissue check when necessary. Answer routine inquiries.
- Audit, process, print, mail, and file with IRS EOY 1099’s.
- Monthly reconcile the A/P Vendors and Contractors, A/P – Other, A/P – HUD, A/P – PHA Projects, and A/P – Other Government general ledger accounts.
- Ensure that payments request for balance sheet accounts has all the proper documentation evidencing that the account is reconciled and has the correct ending balance after said payment.
- Enters all electronic payments into accounting software as manual check requests.
Assist in posting and/or maintaining various spreadsheets.
Print various reports.
Clerical assignments as needed.
Custodian of COCC petty cash.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Demonstrates accuracy and basic knowledge of accounting; prioritizes tasks effectively; communicates and coordinates with colleagues to ensure duties and tasks are accomplished in an accurate and timely manner.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Certifications:
High school diploma and one to two years of bookkeeping and/or accounting experience. Demonstrated proficiency with computers and computer software. Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and be insurable under SMHA policy.
Physical Requirements. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Physical demands may include kneeling, reaching, pushing, fingering, manipulating, talking, hearing, sitting for extended periods, crouching, standing for extended periods, stooping, walking, lifting up to 10 lbs., and repetitive motion using a keyboard, telephone, and calculator. The visual acuity requirements include viewing a computer monitor and extensive reading.
Working Conditions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job: