How To Apply
The Stark Metropolitan Housing Authority is happy to announce the implementation of its new on-line Public Housing Pre-Application Process.
Those interested in applying for Public Housing may submit an application through the Stark Metropolitan Housing Authority’s website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Applicants will no longer be required to apply in person and they will no longer need an appointment to complete the application process.
- Go to the “Click Here to Apply For Housing!” tab at the top of our web page and follow the on-line prompts to complete and submit your on-line pre-application.
Additional benefits of the new online application process include:
- Email confirmation of applicant’s submission.
- Email and written notification of acceptance to the Public Housing Waiting list within one week of application.
- On-line access for applicants to update their contact information 24 hours a day.
- Computer kiosks at SMHA Administrative Offices, 400 East Tuscarawas Street in Canton, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Computer kiosks at The Lillian Beane Center, 1711 16th Street, SE in Massillon, Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
The attached Admissions and Continuing Occupancy Policy (ACOP) Chapter 4 contains proposed revisions. SMHA invites public comments on the proposed changes. Public comments may be submitted in writing to:
400 East Tuscarawas Street
Canton, OH 44702
Attn: Director of Asset Management